Saturday, December 15, 2018

SIX-ty Miles an Hour

My precious, precocious, brilliant, vivacious daughter, 

Six years have come and gone. Six years since you made me a mommy. Six years since you changed my life forever. Six years of ups and downs and smiles and laughter and tears. 

Addison, I cannot possibly put into words how you have bettered me. You inspire me. On my hardest days, God uses you to lift my spirits, and on my happiest days, you multiply my joy. Little girl, you are extraordinary. Your wit, kindness, generosity, intelligence and unique insight are such a powerful combination; God is going to use you for big things.

God has gifted you in so many ways. This year saw you take up piano, advance into chapter books, and pursue art with a passion. While you may not be the next Mozart or Picasso, you still amaze us daily with all you are capable of. Your potential is limitless.

You are a born teacher. While you may never choose to stand in front of a classroom, you will teach in some capacity--that much is certain. Daddy and I are your favorite students, and you frequently help us learn new words in Spanish or demand that we raise our hands to speak at the dinner table. You love telling us all the things you will do someday when you have your own classroom, and oh, how we love to hear your grand ideas.

You have worked so hard at making new friends this year. I love watching you play with others and just act like a kid. Because you are so rarely around anyone your age outside of school, we often view you as a mini adult. But seeing you run and laugh, tossing all carries and worries aside, makes my heart sing.

You may not be perfect, but you are the perfect little girl for me, and I thank God daily for the gift of you.

I love you, my favorite.

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment